Community Care General Surgery offers the latest surgical techniques and treatments, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery options. Our patients…
Our general surgeons at Community Care Physicians treat patients experiencing a wide variety of problems requiring surgery — from benign, routine conditions to cancers. We offer the latest techniques and treatments, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery options. From initial referral, preoperative counseling, surgical intervention and post-operative follow up, our patients and their families can expect the personalized attention that is deserved.
Community Care General Surgery provides comprehensive surgical care primarily for adults with limited procedures on children and adolescents. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Traditional general surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Abdominal surgery (robotic and laparoscopic)
- Treatment of benign and malignant breast disease by surgical breast experts. As part of Community Care Physicians, Community Care General Surgery has the support of other cancer specialists, including specialized radiologists, radiation oncologists, and medical oncologists to offer coordinated cancer care for patients.
- Sentinel node biopsy for melanoma and breast cancer
- Hernia repair
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Long term venous access
- I&D procedures
- Excisions of small lesions, cysts, lipomas, etc.
- Treatment for thrombosed/bleeding hemorrhoids
- Robotic surgery
Community Care General Surgery is located in Latham, NY. Our surgeons perform inpatient and outpatient procedures at St. Peter’s, Bellevue, and Albany Med’s South Clinical Campus. Some of our surgical procedures, including colonoscopies and endoscopies, can be performed at Community Care Physicians’ convenient Endoscopy and Surgical Care Suite in Latham, NY instead of in the hospital, offering patients a comfortable and private office setting with pre- and post-procedure areas and ample parking. At the Endoscopy and Surgical Care Suite, patients are only responsible for an office-based copayment instead of a hospital-based copayment for their procedure.
If you require surgical services, speak with your primary care provider or contact the offices below.