On December 9th, 2020, the Nurse Practitioners at our practice held an online informational meeting to help parents and caregivers with different strategies for feeding their picky eater.
- Identifying a “typical” picky eater vs. a child with a more serious food restriction
- Ways to decrease family struggles around your child’s eating and how to focus on long-term goals
- How to structure mealtimes and snacks to encourage progress
- Helpful strategies specific to children with developmental differences (i.e. children with sensory or motor challenges around eating or children who have trouble sitting still and staying focused on eating)
- Question and Answer Session
- *Please note we did not discuss infant feeding, children with medical swallowing challenges, or advice regarding specific diets, elimination diets, or nutritional supplements.