Celebrate Brain Awareness Week (March 12-18)!
- Help join the worldwide campaign to increase public awareness of the progress and benefits of brain research
Learn About the Complex Brain:
- The brain is our most complex organ in our body
- There are around 86 billion neurons in the human brain
- Each neuron communicates with many other neurons that form circuits and share information
- The brain is 73% water. It takes only 2% dehydration to affect your attention, memory and other cognitive skills
- It isn't until about the age of 25 that the human brain reaches full maturity
What You Can Do:
- Stay hydrated!
- Keep your brain active – read, do puzzles, etc.
- Stay physically active (workout at least 3 times a week)
- Get enough sleep (at least 8 hours)
- Limit alcohol consumption to one drink per day
- Eat a balanced diet with low sodium and saturated/trans fat
How You Can Keep a Good Memory:
- Keep challenging your brain (pursue a new hobby, learn a new skill, challenge yourself)
- Use repetition, it is the most potent learning tool when properly timed
- Do not try to cram when studying, but instead once an hour over a long period of time
- Prioritize your brain use; take advantage of calendars, planners, address books
Community Care Physicians is proud to offer neurology services in offices in the Capital Region. Our offices include; CapitalCare Neurology in Nisjayuna, The Child Neurology Group in Clifton Park, and Developmental Pediatrics in Latham.
For more information, please visit:
By: Sonya Kara & Dylan Blumberg, 2018 PharmD Candidates