What is Family Medicine?
Albany Family Medicine physicians welcome patients of all ages, from infants through adulthood, as well as OB/GYN. Our physicians, along with the physicians of Albany Medical Center's Family Medicine Residency Program, are dedicated to providing you and your family with the most comprehensive healthcare.
Our services include:
- The diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic medical conditions
- Pediatric Care (including newborns)
- Well-Child Examinations (including school and sports physicals)
- Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric Care
- "Family-Centered" Obstetric Care — our physicians will provide you with comprehensive obstetrical care. You will have the same physician care for you throughout your pregnancy. You will deliver at Albany Medical Center where you can enjoy a private room. There are 2 physicians on-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week to answer any urgent questions. You have the option to have your physician care for your newborn as well.
- Gynecological Care — including, but not limited to: pap test, colposcopies, endometrial biopsy, STD testing and family planning with advanced methods such as IUD placements and Implanon placements.
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Diabetic Education Program
- Nutrition Education Program
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- "Same-Day" scheduled appointments as well as Convenience Care Walk-In appointments for urgent matters
- On-site blood drawing services