Back to News
Community Care Recognized by NYS and NCQA – Where Patients Find “Home”
Congratulations to the 26 primary care practices that achieved NYS Patient-Centered Medical Home (NYS PCMH) recognition!
NYS PCMH is a collaborative effort between the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the creator of the nation's leading patient-centered medical home program, and the NYS Department of Health. The NYS PCMH recognition acknowledges our practices' commitment to high quality, patient-centered care that aligns with state initiatives while promoting the triple aim – better health, lower costs, and better patient experience. To qualify for recognition by NYS PCMH, each primary care practice needed to submit evidence that it met or exceeded core standards critical to patient care.
The CCP recognized practices to-date are:
• Albany Family Medicine
• CapitalCare Charlton Family Medicine
• CapitalCare Family Practice Averill Park
• CapitalCare Family Practice Clifton Park
• CapitalCare Family Practice Great Oaks
• CapitalCare Family Practice Guilderland
• CapitalCare Family Practice Niskayuna
• CapitalCare Family Practice Ravena
• CapitalCare Family Practice River Road
• CapitalCare Family Practice Rotterdam
• CapitalCare Family Practice Slingerlands
• CapitalCare Internal Medicine Balltown Road
• CapitalCare Internal Medicine Nott Street
• CapitalCare Internal Medicine River Road
• CapitalCare Pediatrics Albany
• CapitalCare Pediatrics Clifton Park
• CapitalCare Pediatrics Guilderland
• CapitalCare Pediatrics Schenectady
• CapitalCare Pediatrics Troy
• Community Care Pediatrics Latham
• Community Care Pediatrics Saratoga
• Latham Internal Medicine
• Latham Medical Group
• Partners in Family Medicine – Cropseyville
• Partners in Family Medicine – Troy
• Schodack Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
The Patient-Centered Medical Home is a model of care that puts patients as the primary focus of care. PCMHs build better relationships between people and their clinical care teams. Research shows that they improve quality, the patient experience, and staff satisfaction while reducing healthcare costs.
The New York State Patient-Centered Medical Home (NYS PCMH) Recognition Program is built upon the NCQA PCMH model, the most widely adopted Patient-Centered Medical Home evaluation program in the country. Community Care Physicians was the first in the Capital Region to have primary care practices awarded Recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance – Patient-Centered Medical Home Program in 2009.
Our practices earning PCMH designation again, this time through the NYS PCMH program, means they have made a commitment to quality improvement within the practice and a patient-centered approach to care that results in happier and healthier patients. We extend congratulations to everyone who contributed to this accomplishment: clerical, clinical, and administrative.
While we aren't in healthcare for the accolades, it is gratifying when the dedication and the performance of our practices receive recognition. Importantly, the community sees that impartial, respected accrediting organizations validate our efforts to provide the best possible care. This designation affirms Community Care Physicians' commitment to innovation and improvement and highlights our dedication to our patients' well-being.
Share This Page
Older ArticleNewer Article
Back to News