Back to Patient Education
Community Care Cancer Care
At Community Care Physicians, our physicians and their healthcare teams work with you to provide comprehensive, diligent, and more personal cancer care. CCP delivers the most advanced treatment options, diagnostic testing, medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical specialists, and supportive care programs in a safe and comfortable setting.
The world of cancer can be overwhelming as you have to understand your options, schedule several tests and screenings, and then make important decisions. We understand the process can be daunting, even frightening at times, but you can rest assured knowing that our Nurse Navigator can help you through the entire process. Our Nurse Navigator is part of our Cancer Care Program and is here to help patients and their families through their cancer diagnosis and follow-up care.
Our Nurse Navigator provides:
- Educational and emotional support through face to face contact with patients and families before and after diagnosis.
- Rapid scheduling and coordination of consultations with Surgery, Medical Oncology, and Radiation Oncology.
- Assistance in reviewing the advice of the patient’s doctor.
- Helpful information to patients about their specific cancer and treatment options.
- Assistance in linking patients to support services offered through the American Cancer Society and other agencies, financial assistance programs, home health agencies, hospice and support groups.
- Access to oncology literature.
How our Cancer Care Services Can Help
Everything the Nurse Navigator does is under the guidance of your primary care practitioner and they remain in constant communication with the practitioners involved in your care.
Here is the typical process we follow:
- Your primary care practitioner will contact our Nurse Navigator on your behalf to help facilitate your care.
- The Nurse Navigator will schedule your tests, specialist and surgical appointments as directed by your primary care practitioner.
- The Nurse Navigator will contact you within 24-48 hours to introduce herself, review your appointments, and answer any questions that you have. The Nurse Navigator will be your primary point of contact throughout your appointments.
- All notes regarding appointments and conversations are kept in your central Community Care Physicians electronic health record.
- If any tests are needed, the Nurse Navigator will meet you at ImageCare Medical Imaging if her schedule allows.
- The Nurse Navigator will follow your test results or consult appointment notes and obtain any outside documentation for you and your primary care practitioner.
- If cancer is confirmed, you are not alone. Our Nurse Navigator will collaborate with your primary care practitioner on referrals to surgery, medical oncology, and/or radiation oncology. You will hear directly from your primary care practitioner regarding your test results and our Nurse Navigator will help you with next steps and any appointments you need, as directed by your primary care practitioner.
We can help you determine which doctor or services you need, both within CCP and outside of our organization, if needed. For more information about our oncology services, please call our Nurse Navigator at (518) 213-0308 or visit their webpage here.
Share This Page
Older ArticleNewer Article
Back to Patient Education