Back to News
Clifton Park Pediatrics presents: Mindfulness Series for Kids!
Clifton Park Pediatrics of Community Care Physicians, P.C. presents their Mindfulness Series for Kids! Join pediatrician and wellness coach, Dr. Vijaya Gandham, for a fun interactive class connecting mind and body. Learn fun ways to move your body, increase your energy through breath, and use self help tools to calm the mind.
Mindfulness is focusing on what is going on within ourselves, including our thoughts, feelings and emotions. It is total awareness of the present moment, in everyday life. Mindfulness includes:
- The physical messages being given by the body in certain situations, whether it’s pain, nausea, dizziness, or any sensations physically present.
- How we feel when we first wake up to start the day.
- How we feel while showering or washing up. Are you relaxed, worried about the day?
- Connecting with ourselves while we eat, not just to taste and tummy, but to emotions as well.
- Being aware of the self-talk when we meet people or when we are alone. How do you feel when the body is moving and at rest?
- Checking in with yourself during sleep, your dreams, and your early morning emotions.
Mindfulness allows you to be your own best doctor by listening to your body clues and messages. The mindfulness series at Clifton Park Pediatrics will help you be aware of your body, thoughts, and emotions by connecting mind and body through movement, stretches, breathing, and focus visualization.
Saturday, September 16th, 2017
1:30pm to 2:30pm
Clifton Park Pediatrics:
1783 Route 9, Suite 101
Clifton Park, NY 12065
(518) 371-KIDS (5437)
All children ages 7+ can join this class, and parents, too! This class is open to the public. Bring a water bottle and wear comfortable clothes. The cost of the class is $10 per person. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the local chapter of the Make A Wish Foundation.
For more information on Clifton Park Pediatrics, visit their website.
To sign up for the September 16th Mindfulness Series, email:
Share This Page
Older ArticleNewer Article
Back to News